March 27,1513





According to my compass I have been heading northwest for the last 24 days. And yet no new land, and no fountain of youth. I hope I hit land soon or the king and queen will be angered. Imagine if I found the Fountain of Youth, Spain could use it to sell to others and make a huge profit. Spain could become the richest land in the world. But if things have been going the way they have yesterday we wont even find land. Yesterday there was a storm with winds so powerful that it blew loose items from the deck into the air. Some metal object went flying into the foremast of the San Cristóbal making a large rip in the mast from top to bottom. We had two spare masts but the incident set us back three hours. Wait… some said they spotted land. This is great; the fountain of youth may be closer than we thought.

No comments: